A root canal is used to repair and save a tooth that is badly decayed or one that becomes badly infected. During this procedure the nerve and pulp are removed and the inside of the tooth is cleaned and sealed.
Root canal treatment has the reputation of being painful. At Sixth Street Dental, we will work with you to make sure that your root canal experience is as pain free as possible.
Signs You Need A Root Canal:
- Severe toothache pain when chewing
- Severe pain when pressure is applied
- Lingering sensitivity to hot or cold
- Darkening of the tooth
- Swelling of the gums around the tooth
- Pimple on the gums
- Sometimes there are no symptoms at all